About Us

History

Mission Statement

Service Area

History

The Richland Township Municipal Authority of Allegheny County (RTMAAC) was chartered in 1954. The first distribution mains were installed in the Orchard Park area in 1956. Hampton Township Water Authority did the billing and maintenance until 1986 when the Authority Board decided to hire employees and become an operating Authority. Water lines have been extended to most areas of the Township over the years and the number of customers has grown steadily as the Township population has expanded. There are still streets that are not served by public water. Developers pay for extensions to serve new subdivisions and the Authority maintains a program to replace deteriorating lines before problems surface. Except for emergency interconnections, all water is purchased from West View Water Authority.